Want a more desirable personal brand?
Building your personal brand is about focusing on your unique strengths and talents and finding ways to package those to be the most attractive to others. If you want to find out how to make your personal brand more desirable, read on.
- Be distinctive. Discover what makes you truly unique (in other words, your unique selling proposition or USP) and leverage your strengths with panache. Whatever you do, see how you can do it better and more creatively so that you leave a distinctive impression. Instead of sending a client who likes red wine a bottle of it, invite her to a boutique wine tasting. Send a new client a handwritten note to thank her for her business.
- Find your niche. Where can you specialize? Build your reputation as an expert in a particular field – it’s an incredibly effective way to grow your personal brand.
- Invest in your niche. Become more knowledgeable about your area of focus. Research it, invest in relevant training and take your understanding to new heights.
- Get others talking positively about you. While it may seem that you have no control over what others say about you, this is simply not true. Make a point of developing and nurturing personal brand ambassadors. Identify key relationships that are mutually beneficial and spend time growing these.
- Develop confidence in your perspective. It’s easier to agree with someone who has confidence in what she is saying. Make sure you have facts to back up your point of view, but don’t be scared to have an opinion.
What do you do to make your personal brand more desirable? Share with us in the comments below…